Skip to main content

DRESSED IN BLACK AND YELLOW

Black is one of my favourite colours. I know, I've been told that wearing too much black could mean you are depressed or are too lazy to add more colour to your outfits. But no matter what they tell me, I'll always love y...black!!


Outfit Details:
Jeans: Big C, New Delhi
T-shirt: Chandigarh, India
Waist coat: Chandigarh, India
Necklace: gift
Bag: gift
Bangles: Sarojini Market, India
Wedge sandals: Trade Fair, New Delhi


Awesome Reads Thursday

Merrick of Merrick's Art gives a great tutorial on how to get the perfect sleeves on your blazer.

Bohemian trend is one that I admire from afar but have never had the courage to try. But Catherine of Not Dressed as a Lamb showcases how easy it is.

Sazi shows how to successfully copy a celebrity look and rock it as your own. She wore this blouse which Kate Middleton wore.


Happy Thursday!!!
 
xo

Audrey

You can also find me on:
 Twitter  

Popular posts from this blog

A labour of love: Long days, bee stings and a global premiere

“Amkeni” roughly translates to “Rise Up” in Kiswahili. This is the call of Chambuko Amkeni, a community-led conservation group involved in mangrove restoration and protection. In 2025, I had the honour of working with them to document their journey on women’s leadership in coastal and marine conservation, climate change adaptation and the blue economy, for a collaboration between Mission inclusion and the BBC StoryWorks'   for the   Living Legacy Series . This was my first time working on a project of this magnitude not to mention one that would have a global audience. To say this has been one of the highlights of the last two years is an understatement. Just thinking about it, my heart swells with pride. I feel like a mother watching her baby grow and come of age (please don't tell my daughter this!). With members of the Chambuko Amkeni Group Leading the production of Amkeni with my amazing colleagues was a true labour of love. A vision come to life thanks to the support o...

Rediscovering myself

A few blog posts ago I alluded to struggles I'd been facing for a few years now. I said that I would address these issues here soon but honestly, I didn't know when would be a good time. So I thought that today is as good a day as any. Last year I was diagnosed with trauma. It had been years in the making, a result of an emotionally abusive relationship and years of challenging events with seemingly no respite in sight. Although I had eventually gotten out of the relationship, I had unconsciously allowed this person's opinions of me become so ingrained in me that I had lost all knowledge of my former self. I lacked self-confidence. I blamed myself for many things that had happened in my life. I was perpetually sad and struggled to find even the smallest things to smile about. I had no motivation to do even those things that I loved. I would take photos and see my smiling face but deep down I knew that was just a front. I was broken, a shell of my former self. Now I'm no...

Blogging Challenge Day 13 | 5 Ways I Learned To Be Happy (No Matter The Circumstances)

Like everybody else, I began this year on a very positive note. I hoped for a better year than I had had in 2017. I had a plan that I laid out and I was determined to accomplish a lot of what was on my 2018 list. I once heard someone say that sometimes you plan and it doesn't work out not because you haven't put in enough effort but because God has other plans for you. So the first three months of 2018 were completely upside down for me. Everything seemed to be going wrong. I won't lie to you and tell you that I carried on happy in spite of everything that wasn't working. I struggled to smile, to wake up in the morning, to face my day, to be around people. However, I was determined to find lasting happiness. I wanted to find a way that would ensure that I remained happy even when life seemed to be going against me. I did my research and tried out a few things and found the 5 ways listed below that I have now been putting into practice for the last four or so month...